4/29/15

My Detox Journey



The word 'detox' is literally on everyone's lips. I read a lot of articles in newspapers or blogs etc. about this topic and like almost everything in life there are pros and cons. Some experts say that detoxifying your body is a total myth and scientifically unproven. However, due to the fact that there is a sort of hype about this topic, I was really excited when I had the chance to try a 3-day detox. Now I'm going to give you a quick overview of the company, what to eat before and after the detox and how I managed during those three days.

SLIM TIM. A Vienna-based company, which produces amaaaazzziiinnng juices! I was stunned how delicious all of the juices taste. I got the chance to try all of their juices and these ones are definitely my favorites: Ginger Kick, Real Glow, Deep Cleanse and last but not least the most delicious almond milk I've ever drank in my whole life. You maybe know that I often make almond milk by myself and I was kind of shocked how boring my milk tastes in comparison to the one from SLIM TIM. I'll definitely grab some of it for the next ten years or something :-P. So if you are looking for delicious, healthy and nutritious juices, you should definitely pick some of them.

PREPERATION. The company recommends 1-2 "relief days", in which you only eat certain kinds of food in order to prepare your body for your cleanse. For example you should only eat gluten free grain, no milk products, no sugar, no alcohol and so on (the whole list is on their website). That can be a bit difficult if you have no experience with diets like this. So what did I ate for breakfast? The picture below shows you what I ate (the important part is under the load of fruits). I went to the health food store and bought a so called "Chufli earth almond breakfast" from Govinda, which is a German company. Of course you can also eat any other gluten free cereals as well, but this is a good alternative if you don't want to look up every ingredient to check if it's "okay". I topped it with millet flakes, coconut flakes, walnuts, berries and banana.


For lunch and/or dinner I ate grains like quinoa or couscous with vegetables. Here is a recipe as an example (without the feta cheese). 

THE DETOX. First of all I have to say that it's best not to tangle with me when I get hungry... I get really narky. The very first picture shows you what you are drinking on one day: five different juices plus the almond milk. You drink them approximately every two hours starting by 8:00 o'clock. Well, my first day of the detox started quite early and was filled with a lot of studying, hurrying to university and things like that. Long story short: I wasn't able to go without any solid and warm meal. Yup..., but I promise I've tried hard and probably it would have got better after that day, but for me the juices weren't filling me enough and I had problems in concentrating while studying, because I was so hungry. So I've made myself a kind of detox veggie soup, which was not a culinary highlight, but if you are hungry, you are willing to eat anything. I put in there: cooked sweet potatoes, cooked potatoes, broccoli, zucchini and fresh rosemary and mashed it. No salt, no pepper, but with the tasty rosemary it was... let's say.... edible. As a snack I ate cucumber slices, apples and so on. On the second and third day I have to admit that I had to eat a warm breakfast, because I felt like I needed some energy for the day. But I don't see any problem in this! I'm feeling better than ever, although I didn't stick to the juices completely. I think that doesn't matter at all, because the juices are so nutritious and if you are person like me, who just simple doesn't work without a breakfast, it's completely legitimate to see the juices as a great addition to your meal. 


CONCLUSION. Like I already said, in my opinion these are the best juices you can get here in Austria. They taste magnificent and are super healthy. If you're looking for perfect detox products, you should definitely choose SLIM TIM, but don't underestimate those three days. I personally didn't manage it completely, but if you're having for example three free days and don't need that much energy, I think it would be more realizable. After those three days of drinking so much good stuff I'm definitely feeling it and I think that's the most important part - that you feel great in your own skin!  

Congratulations SLIM TIM, you are doing a great job :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment