7/4/14

Smoothiemania


I love smoothies! 

Nowadays smoothies are literally on everyone's lips. Why? Because they are super duper healthy, quick to make and combine different fruits and greens in one jar. There is a wide range of smoothies... for example Green Smoothies, Fruit Smoothies, Yoghurt Smoothies....

I want to share with you my favourite recipe for a Green Smoothie with some extra power in the form of "Spirulina".
This microalgue counts (as well as chia seeds) as a "Superfood". Spirulina contains about 60% of protein and many important minerals. In comparison with chia seeds they have a specific taste and can also change the color. For this reason I only take a very little amount and add lemon juice to minimalize the taste of its own.
I often drink it after my workout because like I said before it contains a lot of proteins so it serves as a kind of "natural protein shake" ;).

Green power Smoothie

  • Spinach or corn salad ('Vogerlsalat')
  • frozen banana (this will make the smoothie more creamy, you can also take normal bananas)
  • kiwi
  • mango
  • lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon Spirulina (less or more - depends on how you "like" the taste)

Mix everything in a high speed blender and enjoy! 

You may ask how much you should put in.... I really cannot say this exactly, because I take what I have and it depends on how much of the juice you want to make. Just take the amount you want and if you like it sweeter or more green than just add what you need.

I use the organic spirulina powder from "vegalife superfoods", which I got at a local vegan supermarket in my city (Vienna). I am sure you can purchase it from the internet or in your health food store. It is quite expensive (I think I paid a bit less than 20€ for 200g), but you do not take very much of it so you'll have it for a long time. 


Have a nice evening guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment