10/21/14

5 Tips... to stay motivated

Today I decided to start a series of the topic "5 Tips to....". In the first issue I will share with you my top five tips to stay motivated and not to overcome the tempation to quit.
One of the most frequently question I get asked from people who find out that I workout 4-5 times a week is "Oh my god, how can you motivate yourself to workout that often?". Followed by the statement "I would never find the time for that".....and I can tell you in advance that 80% of the people who use this argument are wrong.

Of course this is a tough prediction for a 21-year old girl who doesn't have children, a own household and "only" a has 10-hours-per week-job and is a student. Of course in some cases it is true and having time to train is rather impossible, BUT if you really want you can accomplish anything. 

So if you're suffering on a lack of motivation or need some inspiring words to kick asses, here are my top five tips that will help you to stick to your workout routine and help you to achieve the body and physical health you are dreaming of.

  1. Plan your workouts It really helps a lot if you just take 10 minutes on a sunday to plan your workouts for the upcoming week preferably also with a certain time. One some days you maybe only have time on the afternoon/evening (probably during the week) and one other days in the morning.

  2. Surround yourself with positive peopleOne of the most demotivating things is if you are spending your time with people who are bringing you down and "laugh" about your lifestyle, dreams etc. Surround yourself with people who encourage you and are interested in YOU.


  3. Track your progressTry to take take pictures of your body regularly to compare them and see the progress you already have made. I can tell you out of my own experience.... nothing is more motivating than seeing baby abs popping out. But don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do!!!

  4. Find a role modelFind a person, celebrity etc. whose physical body image you like and you want to achieve. To state clear, I don't want you to compare yourself with others especially not with people who are professional trainers or something like that. But finding a realistic aim in form of a role model is a good way to get yourself motivated. There is a huge difference between saying "Oh my good look at her amazing body, it's so sad that I am not having this!" and "Oh my good look at her amazing body, I am going to work my ass off to look healthy and fit and feel as selfconfident as she!".


  5. Make it to your lifestyleProbably the most important issue with all unpleasing, hard and unwanted things in life is how you set your attitude to it. The answer to the questions I mentioned in the first passage is simply: Attitude. It's all about the attitude. If you decide to become fit and live a healthy and balanced lifestyle you will stick to it. For me, working out 4-5 times a week became completely NORMAL! I don't think "Oh shit,, time to workout again.." rather "Oh it's half past four, time to workout."simple. rational. unemotional. 



It's not easy. Sometimes it will be hard and you will damn yourself for getting up at half past 8 on a saturday morning to put on your training clothes and workout (you can ask my boyfriend... I am really doing this on most of the weekends - I know what I'm talking about). 

But you will be glad and happy. Glad for what you are able to achieve and happy how freakin hot you look in your tight hot pant :P

... and a really funny pic for you to end this with a laugh :D


Don't worry... we will fix that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr8xiDZ6d7s



No comments:

Post a Comment